Join our Team
We Love Our People
IT Support Technician
Posted on 28th June 2019
The IT Support Technician will deliver a comprehensive IT support service across all areas of the business including company headquarters and customer sites. The successful candidate will provide a first-line support service for the diagnosis and resolution of IT related queries and problems to all levels of staff and customers. Responsibilities will include diagnosis and rectification of faults and problems with the card processing, the sites technical issues and workstations.
Working with the necessary documentations and databases.
1. Supporting the terminals and the network
2. IT support on the network for fuel card users and sites
3. Resolving IT / Technical issues from customers.
4. Providing in-house admin support as required
5. Dealing with sites and service providers in relation to the technicalities of card processing.
Line Manager Reporting
1. Actively partaking in meetings as and when required
2. Attending required training and ensure a certificate of completion is forwarded to HR
3. Participation in appraisals and performance reviews to assess your overall performance, duties, training requirements and development.
4. Adhering to the rules and regulations and Health and Safety guidelines of the company and the rules and regulations around your role
5. Demonstrate confidentiality at all times.
6. Commitment to preserving high customer care standards at all times
7. Supporting team members
8. To undertake other such reasonable duties as shall from time to time be required by the company, within the competency of the postholder.
The job description may need to be reviewed in the light of new developments.
It should not be regarded as restrictive or definitive but acts as a broad guide to the demands of the post.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE:
The main conditions of service applying to the post can be viewed here
(1) Terms of Employment
The appointment of IT Support Technician is a full time, permanent post.
This position is subject to the completion of a satisfactory 6 month probationary period.
28 days annual Leave, including statutory and public holidays (Please note that Annual leave is set and is available to view in Company Handbook.)
(4) Hours of employment: 37.75 hours per week (5 days per week), inclusive of meal breaks. The hours of work are Monday to Thursday 8.30 – 5.00pm & Friday 8.30 – 4.30pm.
(5) Location: The post is located at 254 Dublin Road, Newry.
- 1. Experience – at least 1 years demonstrable experience in a similar role to include experience in each of the following: Running Microsoft Windows and operating systems in a networked environment including the installation of operating systems and applications software; troubleshooting a range of hardware and software problems; supporting customers with the use of Microsoft Office packages including Outlook.
- 2. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- 3. Deminstrable experience of working with databases.
- 4. Demonstrable experience of working in a busy office environment with the ability to prioritise work, meet deadlines and work calmly under pressure.
- 5. Highly developed interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- 6. The ability to work as part of team as well on own initiative.
- 7. Excellent Problem Solver.
- 8. Demonstrable commitment to confidentiality.
- 9. Excellent IT Skills with proven experience in Microsoft Packages.
- 10. Excellent administration skills.
- 11. Confident, enthusiastic, professional and pro-active approach.
- 1. IT Support experience within the Fuel Card Industry, Fuel solution EPOS systems.
- Deadline for submitting an application is Friday 5th July by 5pm.
For more information, or if you have any enquiries, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.