Join our Team
We Love Our People
HEAD OF CARD SALES (IRELAND)
Posted on 19th March 2020
The Head of Card Sales (Ireland) is a crucial role within the Sales Function of the Morgan Group; supporting the Account Management staff in achieving the sales and profit objectives set for the department.
The Head of Card Sales (Ireland) works as part of the Sales Team of the Morgan Group, and is personally responsible for generating business opportunities, agreeing pricing structures within agreed parameters and maximising sales potential. The post holder is also responsible for maintaining and managing key client accounts within their defined market and supporting the Account Managers in achieving their targets.
The role is a target based role with the aim to proactively promote and sell products and services of the group and carry out the administration that follows in an efficient manner.
This role requires a discreet individual who can maintain the confidentiality of the information they are exposed to; the post holder will also be a confident and driven professional within their role.
Supervisor Responsibilities: For Accounts Managers
Accountabilities: To develop Sales opportunities through lead generation and sales
Maximisation of potential business
To achieve the targets set for the role
1. Source new leads and business opportunities in your Fuel Card sales
2. Identify decision makers and develop relationships with them to create business opportunities
3. Provide decision makers with information on our products and services
4. Arrange appointments and face to face meetings in order to develop relationships, develop business opportunities and close business; Representing the Morgan Group in a professional manner
5. Follow up on all opportunities presented, cross referring other products/ services, regions etc should the opportunity present
6. Design and complete contracts and proposals for new customers
7. Agree pricing structures with clients within set parameters
8. Liaise with our language interpreter to ensure communication and customer service is of the highest standard
9. Maintaining the company database on all sales opportunities and updates
10. Handle account enquiries as required
11. Liaise with our credit control department to assist in the collection of accounts
12. Being discreet and protecting the confidentiality of the data you are exposed to on a day to day basis.
Staff Management Responsibilities
13. Motivating team members; ensuring team are working towards the common goals and objectives for the department
14. Working with CSM in setting the targets for the Account Managers, ensuring that they are realistic and achievable
15. Supporting and devising strategies and techniques necessary for achieving targets
16. Supervision of staff, addressing underperformance and praising good performance, encouraging throughout.
Line Manager Reporting
17. Actively partaking in meetings as and when required
18. Attending required training and ensure a certificate of completion is forwarded to HR
19. Participation in appraisals and performance reviews to assess your overall performance, duties, training requirements and development.
20. Adhering to the rules and regulations and Health and Safety guidelines of the company and the rules and regulations around your role
21. Demonstrate confidentiality at all times
22. Commitment to preserving high customer care standards at all times
23. Supporting team member
24. To undertake other such reasonable duties as shall from time to time be required by the company, within the competency of the postholder.
The job description may need to be reviewed in the light of new developments.
It should not be regarded as restrictive or definitive but acts as a broad guide to the demands of the post.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE:
The main conditions of service applying to the post are:
(1) Terms of Employment
The appointment of Head of Card Sales (Ireland) is a full time, permanent post
This position is subject to the completion of a satisfactory 6 month probationary period
28 days annually pro rata, including statutory and public holidays
(4) Hours of employment: 37 hours 45 minutes per week. The hours of work are Monday to Thursday 9.00 – 5.30pm; Friday 9.00 – 4.30 pm
(5) Location: The post is located in Morgan Fuels & Lubes Ltd, Head Offices 254 Dublin Road, Newry, BT35 8RL.
- 1. At least 3 years demonstrable experience in a Customer Service role, Outgoing Sales Role or similar Account Management Sales position
- 2. Demonstrable experience of working in a target driven environment with the ability to prioritise work, meet deadlines and work calmly under pressure
- 3. Demonstrable success of staff management experience in a target driven environment
- 4. Highly developed interpersonal and oral communication skills with evident good telephone technique and networking skills
- 5. The ability to work as part of team as well on own initiative, showing accountability for your actions
- 6. Excellent Problem Solver
- 7. Demonstrable commitment to confidentiality and customer care
- 8. Excellent IT Skills with proven experience in Microsoft Packages
- 9. Excellent administration skills
- 10. Confident, enthusiastic, professional and pro-active approach.
- 1. Experience in Account Management or Outgoing Sales within the Fuel Card Industry
- 2. A current and valid driving licence and access to personal transport for business use.
- Closing date for applications is Friday 3rd April
- Please email your full CV across to Christine.email@example.com
For more information, or if you have any enquiries, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.